- Construction Management Team - Each project is assigned to a project manager, estimator, and project superintendent. The contractor’s team is formed early, during the pre-construction phase and remains together until the project is complete. We believe the path to a successful construction project is continuity, good communication and attention to detail.
- Quality Control - The management and employees of Financial Construction Services are committed to a top quality project. We take pride in a job well done and enjoy knowing our work is a cut above the industry standard. To maintain our commitment to quality we employ pre-construction meetings with each trade prior to starting work. We also have a quality control checklist and log for each trade. Together, the project superintendent and project manager inspect the quality of each trade and keep the quality control inspection logs.
- Scheduling - Financial Construction Services feels that effective scheduling is the key to a successful project. Scheduling is usually viewed as a planning tool, but it is also an important communication tool. Typically we prepare the following types of scheduling:
- The Master schedule is a broad CPM schedule for the entire project. We develop a simplified bar chart for distribution because it is much easier to understand.
- Detailed schedules go into greater breakdown on specific problem areas of the project. Resource leveling is done from the detailed schedule.
- Short interval schedules normally cover three-week periods and are prepared at the field level. They are updated weekly by the project superintendent and reviewed and distributed at the weekly on-site subcontractors meetings. The short interval schedule is the key to keeping your project moving.
- Weekly Job Site Meetings - Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings are held each week at the jobsite. The agenda and purpose of these meetings is as follows:
Review the schedule
Identify areas of concern before they become problems
Expedite critical items
We understand it is our responsibility to thoroughly review submittals. We review each submittal for conformity to the specification, for existing field conditions, and for integration with other materials prior to submitting to the architects. This is part of our commitment to good communication and attention to detail.
Job Cost Control
We use Prolog Manager as software for documents and cost controls. All changes are tracked whether or not there is a cost impact. For accounting we use Contractor Quickbooks. Between these two systems costs are tracked and monitored. No changes are made without owner approval.
Financial Construction Services has assembled a high quality team of construction professionals. The safety and well being of these individuals is important to our continuing commitment to deliver the highest quality constriction services. For this reason, safety is emphasized in frequent meetings with our employees and in weekly coordination meetings with our subcontractors. Our emphasis on safety also benefits our owners in that reduced Workers Compensation costs lower the labor burden on our projects.
- Pre-Construction Services
Estimating/ Budgeting - FCS provides detailed construction estimates as changes progress from schematics to design development to construction documents. Review pricing with owner regularly and provide options and alternatives.
Schedule/ Planning - Provide detailed construction schedule for each phase of construction. Coordinate with applicable review and approval agencies. Develop critical path schedule and incorporate into bid documents for subcontractors.
Value Engineering - Work closely with design team providing input regarding building materials availability, costs, and life expectancy. Provide experience regarding advantages and disadvantages of products and construction methods for projects.
Pre-bid Services - Assist design team in preparing bid documents to insure all necessary information is provided for competitive subcontractor bidding. We pre-qualify potential bidders and have a list of reputable bidders. Solicit multiple bids for each sub-trade and analysis bids for owner. Provide accurate lead times for products and services necessary to complete the job on schedule.
Construction Analysis - Work with owner and design team to maximize savings regarding duration of the schedule. Work closely with each sub-trade to assure schedule and budget can be achieved